Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued a recruitment notification for the recruitment of Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Examination 2015. Eligible candidates can apply online for the Job on or before 20/03/2015. Find more information about the vacancy below…
||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
||Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Examination 2015
|Total No of Vacancy
|Last Date to Apply for this job
|Address for the Job Vacancy
||Union Public Service Commission(UPSC), Across India
DETAIL OF UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) COMBINED GEOLOGIST & GEO-SCIENTIST EXAMINATION 2015 RECRUITMENT:
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Combined Geologist & Geo-Scientist Examination eligibility details are given below…
- Nationality: A candidate must be either : i. a Citizen of India, or ii. a subject of Nepal, or iii. a subject of Bhutan, or iv. a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or v. a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka or East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and thiopia or from Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appoint-ment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him/her by the Government of India.
- Age: Candidate age must be between 21 years and 32 years for Geologist, Geophysicist & Chemist posts, between 21 years and 35 years for Jr Hydrogeologist posts.
- Age Relaxation: i. 5 years in case of SC/ST candidates ii. 3 years for OBC candidates. iii. Age is additionally relaxable by 5 years for those applicants who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Kashmir Division in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 01-01-1980 to 31-12-1989. iv. 3 years for Defence Services personnel (disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof). v. 5 years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs. vi. 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons.
- Educational Qualification:
- For Geologists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: Masters Degree in Geological Science or Geology or Geo-Exploration or Mineral Exploration or Engineering Geology or Marine Geology or Earth Science and Resource management or Oceanography and Coastal Areas Studies or Petroleum Geosciences or Petroleum Exploration or Geochemistry or Geological Technology from a university incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Geophysicists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M.Sc. in Physics or Applied Physics or M.Sc. (Geophysics) or Integrated M.Sc. (Exploration Geophysics) or M.Sc (Applied Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Marine Geophysics) or M.Sc. (Tech.) (Applied Geophysics) from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed universities under the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- For Chemists Gr ‘A’ in Geological Survey of India: M. Sc. in Chemistry or Applied Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry from a University incorporated by an Act of Parliament or State Legislature or other educational Institutes established by an Act of the Parliament or declared to be deemed Universities under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 (3 of 1956) i.e. recognized University.
- For Junior Hydrogeologists (Scientist-B) Group ‘A’ in Central Ground Water Board: Masters Degree in Geology or Applied Geology or marine Geology from a from a university incorporated by an Act of the central or State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed university under section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or Masters Degree in Hydrogeology from a recognised university.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) – COMBINED GEOLOGIST & GEO-SCIENTIST EXAMINATION 2015 POST:
- Candidates can apply on or before 20/03/2015
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of performance in written examination/ interview.
HOW TO APPLY FOR COMBINED GEOLOGIST & GEO-SCIENTIST EXAMINATION 2015 VACANCY IN UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC):
- Apply online on website:- www.upsconline.nic.in
- Candidates will required to complete the online application form containing two stages viz Part I and Part II as per the instructions available in the above-mentioned site.
- The candidates are requires to pay a fee of Rs 200/- (excepting SC/ST/PH/Female candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using any Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Before start filling up of online application, candidates must have his/her photograph and signature duly scanned in the jpg format in such a manner that each file should not exceed 40KB and must not less than 3 KB in Size for the photograph and 1 KB for the signature.
- The applicants must ensure that while filling their application form, they are providing their valid and active E-Mail IDs as the Commission may use electric mode of communication while containing them different stages of examination process
- The applicants are advised to check their emails at the regular intervals and ensure that the email address ending with @nic.in are directed to their inbox folder and not to the spam folder pr any other folder.
COMBINED GEO-SCIENTIST AND GEOLOGISTS’ EXAM 2015:-
- Date of Notification:- 21-02-2015
- Closing Date:- 20-03-2015
- Date of commencement of Examination:- 23.05.2015 (SATURDAY)
- Duration of the Exam:- 3 DAYS – See more at: http://www.eduvidya.com/Entrance-Exam/UPSC-Geologists#sthash.0TPb1vTn.dpuf
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER :
Last Date to Apply for this job 20/03/2015
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Recruitment 2015 – EXAMINATION NOTICE NO 05/2015-IES/ISS