Indian Navy Recruitment For Executive and Technical Branch 2015 – 2016
Indian Navy Recruitment For Executive and Technical Branch THE INDIAN NAVY INVITES ENGINEERS TO JOIN THE INDIAN NAVY AS SHORT SERVICE COMMISSIONED OFFICERS IN EXECUTIVE BRANCH (GENERAL SERVICE/HYDRO CADRE) AND TECHNICAL BRANCH (SUBMARINE) JAN 2016 COURSE.
Applicationsareinvitedfromunmarried Male candidates for grantofShort ServiceCommission in Executive Branch (General Services/Hydro Cadre) and Technical Branches (submarine) of the IndianNavy for Jan 2016 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India. Candidates already applied for the posts in the month of Mar 15 need not to apply again. Duplicate applications are liable to be rejected.
- Age. The candidates applying for the above entries must be aged between 19½ and 25 years i.e. the candidate must be born between 02 Jan 1991 and on 01 Jul 1996, both dates inclusive.
- Educational Qualifications. Candidates must have completed BE/B. Tech Degree with minimum 65% marks in aggregate from a recognised university in one of the following specified streams.
- Only one application form is to be filled up.
- Candidates who are eligible for more than one Branch/Cadre should mention priority in the Form.
- Candidates not qualified or appearing in the final exam are not eligible to apply.
The candidates should not be colour/night blind & must be physically fit according to following physical standards:-
- Height and Weight. Minimum height for male – 157 cms and with correlated weight.
- Eye Sight. Minimum visual Acuity for both eyes is 6/12 for Executive(GS/Hydro)cadre
and 6/24 for Technical (Submarine Specialisation) correctable to 6/6(both eyes) with
- All candidates recommended by SSB will have to undergo medicals as per extant
- Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on the inner face of forearms i.e from inside of the elbow to the wrist end on the reverse side of palm/back(dorsal) side of the hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidates will be barred from further selection.
- Promotions & Pay Scale: Promotion from Sub-Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to fulfillment of requisite service conditions. The Pay Scale and promotion criteria are as follows:-
Allowances (as applicable). The rates of allowances applicable to officers are as follows:
- Cost to Company (CTC). The CTC for a Sub Lieutenant would be approximately Rs. 74100/- for Executive(GS) and Rs. 90600/- for Submarine Specialisation (Engineering and Electrical). This includes Basic Pay, DA, Grade Pay, Military Service Pay, House Rent Allowance, Transport allowance, Ration Allowance and Kit Maintenance Allowance. These rates are subject to change from time to time.
- Privileges. In addition to the CTC mentioned above, Navy provides free Medical Facilities for self & dependents, LTC, Canteen Facilities, Entitled Ration, Mess/Club/Sports Facilities, Furnished, Accommodation, Car/Housing Loan at subsidised rate.
- Group Insurance & Gratuity. Insurance cover of Rs. 57 lakhs for Submarine Specialisation and 50 lakhs for Executive (GS) (on contribution).
- Leave Entitlements. On Commission, officers are entitled to 60 days annual and 20 days casual leave every year (subject to service exigencies). They are also entitled to 40% rail concession to any place and free travel (as per extant rules) for self and dependents. Leave during the training period will be as per the Training Policy in force.
- Sports & Adventure. The Navy provides facilities to pursue any sport of your liking. In addition, one can learn and participate in adventure sports, such as river rafting, mountaineering, hot air ballooning, hand gliding, wind surfing etc.
- The candidates will be issued call up for Services Selection Board (SSB) based on their performance in Degree Course. Integrated Headquarters, Ministry of Defence (Navy) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off percentage. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Jul to Sep 2015. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interviews on their E-Mail or SMS (provided by the candidate in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the second day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).(c) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding the change of SSB dates is addressed to the call-up officer of the SSB on receipt of the call-up letter.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
HOW TO APPLY
- Candidates are to fill in ‘e-application’ (Online) for this entry from 16 May 15 onwards. The online application registration will cease on 06 Jun 15. The procedure for applying online is explained in Paras 21 & 22 below. IMPORTANT – Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form.
- Online (e-application): – Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:-
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate.
- Fields such as e-mail address, a mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled.
- Candidates are required to upload recent passport size digital photograph of size less than 25 kb (.jpeg or .jpg format).
Filling up of e-application: – For filling up application Online visit our website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and proceed as follows:-
- Click on the ‘Officer Entry’ button under the option ‘Apply Online’ on the Home
- Fill the online registration form. Tips to assist in filling up fields have been provided
as you highlight each field.
- After filling the form click on Preview and check if all the information entered by
you are correct.
- Before clicking the Print Application button, it should be checked whether all the
details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections
after saving the record. Candidates can take the print of the application form by
entering the relevant details.
- Before clicking the instruction for SSB Button, it should be checked whether all
the details entered in the form is correct as you will not be able to make any corrections
after saving the record. Candidates can read the instructions on conduct of
SSB by clicking on the instruction for SSB button and can take the print of the
application form by entering the details from the download sections under officer
- Print two copies of the online Application Form having the system generated
Application Number. One copy of this Application Form is to be duly signed and
mailed (posted) to Post Box No. 04, Chankya Puri PO, New Delhi – 110 021 along
with the following documents:- Self attested photograph, Attested photo copies of
10th & 12th class certificates along with Mark Sheets, other educational certificates
and mark sheets of all semester/years. Application to be sent by ordinary post
only. Speed post/courier and the Registered post will not be accepted.
- A superscription is to be made on envelope : ONLINE APPLICATION NO. ________
APPLICATION FOR SSC X(GS)/HYDRO CADRE/TECHNICAL BRANCH (SM)
Jan 2016 COURSE Qualification______ Percentage _____%. NCC ‘C’ Yes/No.
Application and requisite enclosures must be properly tagged/stapled, IHQ MoD(Navy)
will not be responsible for loss of enclosures, if sent loose.
- Final receipt of the printout of the Online Application Form with system generated Application Number and all documents as mentioned in sub-para (f) above if received by 16 JUN 15 will be the final CONFIRMATION of receipt of your Application at IHQ MoD (Navy). Hence, only filling the application Online/generation of Application No. does not imply that the candidate has fulfilled all the criteria given in the advertisement.
- Your application is subject to subsequent scrutiny and the application can be rejected, if found INELIGIBLE/INVALID at any point of time.
- The applicants are advised to regularly check naval website and their mailbox for SSB callups.
- Disclaimer. Information given in the advertisement and on the website are guidelines only. In case of any ambiguity, the existing policies, rules and regulations of Indian Navy/Government of India will be final.