Current Affairs & News for 18th Feb 2015- Full Pdf. Here is the current affairs news of 18 Feb 2015. Current is necessary for the exams now a days and you must be aware that current affairs is very important for the upcoming exams. so check out these important news and keep up to date with us below are the Current Affairs & News for 18th Feb 2015 – Full Pdf.
Current Affairs & News for 18th Feb 2015
- Sunil Chhetri from Secunderabad and Bala Devi from Manipur were awarded the All India Football Federation (AIFF) 2014 Player of the Year – Male and Female trophy, respectively.
- Defending champions India launched their Cricket World Cup campaign in style as they produced a clinical performance to spank Pakistan by 76 runs, maintaining their unbeaten record against the arch-rivals in the mega event in Adelaide on 15 February 2015.
- Virat Kohli became the first ever Indian cricketer to score a hundred in the ICC World Cup match against Pakistan.
- China has opened a new embassy in Pakistan, its “largest overseas” diplomatic mission, which foreign minister Wang Yi described as a symbol of friendship between the “all weather” allies.
- Chhattisgarh was felicitated for emerging as one of the best performing states in the renewable energy segment.
- Filmmaker Nagesh Kukunoor’s film “Dhanak” has bagged The Grand Prix of the Generation Kplus International Jury for the best feature-length film and also received a special mention at the 65th Berlin International Film Festival.
- Women scientists Dr. Tessy Thomas and Geeta Varadan on 15 February 2015 were jointly named for Dr. Y Nayudamma Memorial Award 2014.
- In his maiden foreign trip after assuming charge, Sri Lankan President Maithripala Sirisena arrived on 15 February 2015 on a four-day visit during which he will hold talks with the Indian leadership on entire gamut of bilateral ties.
- A 29-year-old Indian yoga teacher in Hong Kong on 15 February 2015 set a Guinness World Record for performing Yoga continuously for 40 hours non-stop, demonstrating more than 1,500 ‘asanas’.
Current Affairs & News for 18th Feb 2015 – Full Pdf.