Current Affairs Bit Bank : December 2015 . Current Affairs Bit Bank covers the events in the form of current single liner answers. This Bit Bank covers all types of current affairs like national, international current affairs.
DECEMBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL|NOVEMBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL
Current Affairs Bit Bank : December 2015
1) South Korea has ratified a free trade agreement (FTA) with which country that would remove most tariffs between the two nations?
2) Who was elected as the President of the West African country Burkina Faso in the month of December?
Ans:- Roch Marc Christian Kabore
3) Which parliament has recently passed Anti-Terrorism Law?
4) Which African Country has been declared as the Islamic republic by it’s president?
5) Mauricio Macri was recently elected as president of which country?
6) Saudi Arabia reopens it’s embassy in which country after 25 years?
INDIA & WORLD
1) Which was launched by India and France at the Conference of Parties (CoP21) Climate Conference in Paris?
Ans:- International Solar Alliance (ISA)
2) The Union Cabinet on 2 November 2015 approved a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Germany on bilateral development cooperation in the field of ____?
Ans:- Solar Energy
3) The Union Cabinet recently approved protocol between India and which country for amending the Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC)?
4) The Union Cabinet on 2 December 2015 approved the signing of the agreement between India and on visa facilitation?
1) The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda on 30 November launched which vaccine?
Ans:- Injectable Polio Vaccine (IPV)
2) The Delhi Assembly has unanimously passed which Bill for establishment of statutory anti-corruption ombudsman?
Ans:- Delhi Jan Lokpal Bill, 2015
3) When was The first India International Science Festival
(IISF) held at IIT-Delhi?
Ans:- 4-8 December, 2015
4) On 3rd December 2015 which programme was launched by Union government for disabled persons?
Ans:- Sugamya Bharat Abhiyan
5) Which scheme related to LPG gas subsidy won the Guiness World Records Certificate recently?
6) When was the Rajya Sabha passed the Neogotiable Instruments (Amendment) Bill, 2015?
Ans:- December 7, 2015
7) The National Green Tribunal recently put a complete ban on plastic along the stretch of which river?
8) On 11 December, 2015 Indian Government imposed anti-dumping duty on which products?
Ans:- Stainless Steel
9) India ranks which place in forbe’s list of best countries for business?
Ans:- 97th Place
10) According to National Air Quality Index Report 2015 released by Green Peace India, which Indian city is most polluted city in the world?
11) On 14 December,2015 the Lok Sabha passed which bill?
Ans:- Atomic Energy (Amendment) Bill, 2015
1) Which state on 3 December 2015 became the first state of India to launch Rotavirus vaccination project?
Ans:- Himachal Pradesh
2) From 4 to 6 December 2015, the first International festival on Birds was held in which state?
Ans:- Uttar Pradesh
3) Which is the first state to submit smart city plan to the Urban Development Ministry?
4) National Green Tribunal (NGT) ordered ban on registration of new diesel-run vehicles in__?
1) The Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (Chogm)-2015 was held in Malta on ____?
Ans:- 27-29 November
2) The international conference on climate change ‘CoP 21’ has began on 30 November, 2015 in ___?
3) Where was the Heart of Asia meet held on 8, 9 December, 2015?
4) Combined Commanders Conference was held on which naval ship?
Ans:- INS Vikramaditya
5) 26th Conference of Southern Zonal Council was held in which city of Andhra Pradesh?
AWARDS & HONOURS
1) Ramnath Goenka Lifetime Achievement Award for 2013-14 has been awarded to _?
Ans:- Kuldip Nayyar
2) What is the submarine that won the Best Innovation Trophy at the Navy Day celebrations held recently?
Ans:- INS Sindhudhwaj
3) Who is the Indian-origin writer from Singapore has been awarded prestigious 2015 South East Asia Write Award?
Ans:- Jamaludeen Mohamed Sali
4) The West Bengal government on 14 December, honoured which famous music composer with Lifetime Achievement Award?
Ans:- Bappi Lahiri
5) President Pranab Mukherjee was on 17th December received which award?
Ans:- Garwood Award
6) Who is the famous Telugu writer awarded with Sahitya Academi Award – 2015?
SPORTS & GAMES
1) Which Indian Grand Master won the title of FIDE World Online Women Blitz Championship held on 26 November in Rome, Italy?
Ans:- Harika Dronavalli
2) Who was crowned the new world heavy weight champion after a win over Vladimir Klitschko of Ukrain?
Ans:- Tyson Fury
3) Who is the Indian Shuttler on November 29, 2015 won the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold women’s singles title for the third consecutive time?
Ans:- PV Sindhu
4) Which team won the prestigious 2015 Davis Cup title for first time since 1936?
Ans:- Great Britain
5) What is the Mascot of 2016 South Asian Games Unveiled recently?
6) Which Tennis Player is named as Sports person of the year – 2015 ?
Ans:- Serena Williams
1) The Reserve Bank of India on 24 November 2015 decided to grant in principle approval to the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) to function as the Central Unit in ____?
Ans:- Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS)
2) International Monetary Fund (IMF) on 30 November, 2015 has given fifth place to which currency in it’s elite reserve currency?
Ans:- China’s Yuan
3) India’s National Stock Exchange (NSE) has recently done an agreement with Stock Exchange Group of which country?
4) Myanmar on 9 December, 2015 inaugurated a new Stock Exchange named ____?
Ans:- Yangon Stock Exchange
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY
1) What is the nuclear-capable ballistic missile that was successfully test fired from warship Subhadra, off the Puri coast of Odisha in the Bay of Bengal?
2) What is the first dedicated commercial satellite launched by Japan on 23 November 2015?
Ans:- Telstar 12V
3) What is the joint Israeli-Indian Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LRSAM) ,which was successfully test fired in Israel on 26 November, 2015?
4) Scientists have created the world’s first litter of puppies conceived in a test tube in which country?
Ans:- United States
PERSONS IN NEWS
1) Who has been elected as the new Secretary General of the commonwealth?
Ans:- Patricia Scotland
2) Who has taken charge as the new WHO representative to India?
Ans:- Dr. Henk Bekedam
3) Who is the Indian-American on 1 December 2015 assumed Presidency of the Royal Society in London?
Ans:- Sir Venkatraman Ramakrishnan
4) Who has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Steel Authority of India (SAIL) recently?
Ans:- Prakash Kumar Singh
1) Who is the chairman of Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR), on 27 November resigned from the post?
Ans:- Yellapragada Sudershan Rao
1) Who was the founder of Kothari Group that makes the famous mouth-freshner Pan Parag, passed away on 27 November?
Ans:- Mansukhlal Mahadevbhai Kothari
2) Who is the distinguished Japanese historian of South India and South Asia died recently?
Ans:- Noboru Karashima
3) Who is the famous Australian association football player passed away on 29 November, 2015?
Ans:- Joe Marston
1) On his visit to Malaysia Modi along with Malaysian Prime Minister inaugurated _____ built by India with 11 lakh dollars?
Ans:- Thorana Gate
2) How many agreements have been signed between the nations during the Modi’s visit to Singapore?
3) External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj visited Pakistan to attend which meeting held in Islamabad?
Ans:- ‘Heart of Asia’ 5th Ministerial Meeting
1) Who is the Indian-origin appointed as the United States Director of the Asian Development Bank (ADB)?
Ans:- Swati Dandekar
2) Who is adjudged as the top philanthropist in the world with 27 billion dollars?
Ans:- Bill Gates
3) With 18.1 million followers, who is the bollywood star remains as the most followed one in Twitter?
Ans:- Amitabh Bachchan
4) Who has named as Person of the Year 2015 by the Time Magazine recently?
Ans:- German Chancellor Angela Merkel
5) Who was awarded with the CEO of the year 2015 at the 17th annual Platts Global Energy Awards?
Ans:- Nishi Vasudeva
PLACES IN NEWS
1) A new species of tree frog named as ‘Ghatixalus magnus’ has been discovered by the scientists in the Western Ghats of which state?
2) The biggest Tibetan Buddhist Festival, Losar, has began on 12 December 2015 in Ladakh region of which state?
Ans:- Jammu and Kashmir
3) What is the Myanmar’s first UNESCO Biosphere Reserve that was launched recently?
Ans:- Inle Lake in Shan State
ABBREVIATIONS IN NEWS
1) AAI means ___?
Ans:- Airport Authority of India
2) APEDA stands for ___ ?
Ans:- Agricultural and processed food products Export Development Authority
3) NDDB means ___?
Ans:- National Diary Development Board
4) What is EEU?
Ans:- Eurasian Economic Union
5) JAM stands for?
Ans:- JanDhan, Aadhar and Mobile
6) What is CPIN?
Ans:- Consumer Price Index Number
BOOKS IN NEWS
1) Which Indian-origin author’s historical novel “Vanessa and Her Sister”, has been included in the NewYork Times’ 100 Notable Books of 2015?
Ans:- Priya Parmor
2) Who is the author of the book “China: Behind the Miracle”?
Ans:- Sumita Dawra
COMMITTEES IN NEWS
1) Chief Economic Advisor Dr Arvind Subramanian led Committee has recommended standard rate for Goods and Services Tax (GST) at what per cent?
Ans:- 17 to 18 per cent
2) What is the committee appointed by union government on OROP?
Ans:- L. Narsimha Reddy Judicial Committee
DAYS & DATES
1) National Energy Conservation Day is observed on __?
Ans:- December 14
2) December 7 is celebrated as ____?
Ans:- Indian Army Flag Day
3) National Girl Child Day is observed on which day of December?
Ans:- December 9
4) December 19 is celebrated as ____?
Ans:- Goa’s Liberation Day
5) World AIDS Day is observed on __?
Ans:- December 1
OTHER ARTICLES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
DECEMBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL
NOVEMBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL
CURRENT AFFAIRS BIT BANK : OCTOBER 2015
OCTOBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL
SEPTEMBER 2015 CURRENT AFFAIRS STUDY MATERIAL
CURRENT AFFAIRS BIT BANK : SEPTEMBER 2015
ABBREVIATIONS AND TERMS
Common Confusing Words In English with Example
Important days / dates – National and International